Elast-Eon Product Family
Over ten years of research and development in the fields of polymer science and bioengineering has culminated in the formulation of the Elast-EonTM product family. Elast-EonTM polymers combine the biological stability of silicone rubbers with the excellent mechanical properties of polyurethanes.
Engineers and designers select Elast-EonTM biomaterials to improve medical device performance, reduce costs and improve component performance. RUA Life Sciences can assist medical device manufacturers exploit greater design freedom to create differentiated medical devices.
RUA Biomaterials has then gone on to further develop the Elast-EonTM technology. Creating next generations of higher performance biomedical polymers (ECSilTM) and processes (E-RIM).
- Available in a wide range of mechanical properties (Elastomers to rigid polymers), 70 Shore A to 80 Shore D
- Granted patent protection
- Manufactured in state of the art facilties, ISO 13485 and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Currently over 7 million Elast-EonTM based long term implants in service
- Approvals for Elast-EonTM based devices in most regions, US, Europe, Japan, Australia
- Materials Master Files available (ISO 10993)
- Available in pellets or customer specific solutions
- Readily processed using standard equipment and techniques